Saturday 20 July 2024

Dear all,

 

So, I can’t imagine that any children will be checking this blog now so I will address this directly to you parents (I’m hoping that one or two of you might read it still).

 

The last day finally came and went and while it was a hot and stuffy end to the year, it was a pleasure to teach the class for one last time! I felt the children all dealt with the end of year events admirably with just a few tears here and there (including some teary eyed moments from myself, I have to admit). I think it really shows how ready they all are to move onto bigger and better things.

 

I’m sure you will all agree that the show on Thursday was absolutely fantastic and they well and truly smashed it out of the park –and some! Thank you for all of your help in putting together the costumes (sorry for the last minute rush on green outfits).

 

Thank you to the class for being so brilliant this year and to you parents for your support and the incredibly generous gifts/kind words etc! Thank you also for having us at the Leavers’ Party –I’m sorry if I didn’t get to speak to all of you, my mind was on not messing up the song after Aila had got it word/note perfect on Thursday. I was too tired to polish off the bubbly in the end when I got back home but it will no doubt be enjoyed tonight!

 

For all of you with younger children in the school still, I will see you all on the gate next year and to those whose children have now all left, do come back and see us at any of our events –you are all more than welcome any time!

 

Have a wonderful summer…

 

Mr Gradwell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.